Key Components of RtI²
- Scientifically research-based
- Aligned to CDE Content Standards
- Implemented with fidelity
- Differentiated to meet individual student needs
- Incorporated and strategic use of grouping to maximize learning
- Protected, consistent and sufficient time for student learning
- Frequent and regular
- Multiple sources
- Regular analysis to make informed instructional decisions and evaluate benefits for students, classroom and school
Professional Development is key for all educators in implementing programs with integrity, identifying student need, and matching appropriate instruction. EUSD administrators and staff are trained in RTI2 principals on a regular basis.
Adapted from Delaware Dept of Education: http://www.doe.k12.de.us
RTI is a Process - Not a Program
(RtI²) is the process of:
- Providing high-quality instruction.
- Assessing student progress toward end-of-year grade-level benchmarks.
- Applying a problem-solving model for making informed instructional decisions matched to student needs.
- Collaborating with leadership, general educators, special educators, and support staff within an instructional support team.
- Identifying students in need of intervention.
- Developing an intervention plan.
- Providing intervention and monitoring for progress.